Searching...
Monday 29 April 2013

Actor Sachin Khedekar stepping into Amitabh Bachchan's shoes Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/news/2013/sachin-khedekar-host-kbc-kon-hoeel-marathi-crorepati-108611.html

Actor Sachin Khedekar, who has been roped in to host the Marathi version of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), is excited but also nervous about stepping into the shoes of megastar Amitabh Bachchan, the host of the popular TV quiz show in Hindi for several seasons. Khedekar, who is a veteran of Marathi films, has also done Hindi movies like Astitva, Singham and remake version of Agneepath. "When I got this opportunity there was no question of saying no. Rather I was happy to accept the offer. It is a huge honour to do the popular show in Marathi. But it is also a challenge," he told in an interview. KBC is an Indian reality game show based on the UK game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? The show, first aired in 2000, was hosted by Bachchan, who also made his maiden appearance on small screen. Big B also hosted the second season of the show, which became a rage. Superstar Shah Rukh Khan was roped in for the third edition. But Big B returned to anchor the show with its fourth season and has been doing so till its sixth season, which ended in January this year. "I am a huge admirer of Mr Amitabh Bachchan. I am happy but nervous as well about stepping into Mr Bachchan's shoes. KBC is synonymous with Mr Bachchan. There is pressure as I would be doing the Marathi version of the show. There is a huge responsibility on me," Khedekar said. "I am trying not to get bogged down by any kind of pressure. I would be happy if I could manage to do even ten per cent of what Mr Bachchan did in KBC." The actor is hoping to meet Big B in a week or two and said he is in awe of the megastar's suave style, charisma and the way he makes the contestants feel comfortable. "I have watched all the six seasons of KBC. I will do the show in my style and follow the norms of the show to make the contestants feel comfortable yet maintain that dignity and strictness of the show intact. It is indeed challenging (to host the show)," he said. Kon Hoeel Marathi Crorepati will go on air next mont

Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/news/2013/sachin-khedekar-host-kbc-kon-hoeel-marathi-crorepati-108611.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!