Searching...
Thursday 26 September 2013

I’m competing with Amitabh Bachchan: Ranbir Kapoor

Ranbir Kapoor has never been so serious about his career as an actor. The 30-year-old’s next film, Besharam, is creating loads of buzz, and he says he is looking forward to take on the most senior actors in Bollywood, and more importantly, compete with himself to stay at theShahid Kapoor and Imran Khan are your contemporaries, but you seemed to have surpassed them. Do you feel secure? I think I had always been a secure actor. I am competing with Amitabh Bachchan, then the Khans, and at the same time I am competing with Varun Dhawan. Having said that, my idea of competition is not that I have to do better than them, but that I have to do better than myself. I have to compete with myself.

The industry has a perception that you have arrived at a position where you can pick your own heroines now.
I have never taken a call on the cast. I don’t know if I have the power to do that. In the 10 films that I have done, I have worked with many newcomers. Pallavi (Sharda, Besharam co-star) is a newcomer; Ileana (D’Cruz, Barfi!, 2012) was a newcomer, and  Sonam (Kapoor) made a debut in my  film (Saawariya, 2007). Then, there was Shazahn Padamsee in Rocket Singh (2009).

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/popup/2013/8/RanbirKapoor-Roy-poster430.jpgSo, to me, the director matters more than the heroine. Directors want to work with me, and I’m very happy about that. As far the heroine is concerned, it depends on the director’s vision and not on me.

As you turn producer, do you also have plans to produce a television programme? We will do something for Jagga Jasoos (Ranbir’s forthcoming production). We will probably start a show called Jagga Junior to kind of warm up the audience to the character. But it’s all in the pipeline — we haven’t decided anything concrete so far.

The actor, who turns a year older on Sep 28, doesn’t seem to be in the mood to celebrate his birthday with grandeur. Not that we’ve heard of any major plans yet, but what we do know is that the actor has taken a day off from the promotions of his next release, Besharam.

We’ve been informed that he plans to celebrate his birthday with his family — parents Rishi and Neetu Kapoor, sister Riddhima Kapoor Sahni and his little niece, Samara. A source reveals, “He requested the makers to push the promotions by a day as he wishes to spend quality time with loved ones."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!